1. Take the first step to approach your boss and discuss your problem. Collect facts on your current workload, project requirements. Be prepared to explain how the increase in workload is impacting your performance and project quality, and how this can impact the company's cost objectives. When you have every detail in place, be ready to meet your boss。首先想办法跟你的上级讨论这个问题。搜集与你现在的工作量、项目要求相关的资料，并且想好该怎么表达这些工作量已经影响到了你的工作表现和项目质量，又会怎样影响公司的目标成本。当你准备好一切，就去找你的上司吧。
2. Choose a time of the day when you know your boss is usually in a good mood。
Ensure that you have your boss' full attention to the problem. If he is doing some other work such as sorting his emails while you are talking, say politely and firmly, 'Stewart, I have an important problem to discuss. I would appreciate if you could give me your full attention.'选择你上司通常心情比较好的时间段。你要确保他的注意力全都在你的问题上。如果你跟他讨论这件事的时候他还在做别的事，比如说看邮件，你可以礼貌却肯定的说：“斯图尔特，我要与你讨论很重要的事。能不能先把其他事放下，这样我会非常感激的。”
3. Get to the point without wasting time。
'I'm not able to tackle the present workload Stewart. I'm putting in more than 60 hours of work every week. If this continues, my performance will take a downturn as I will be completely at the end of my capabilities. I cannot take any more of this.' Remember to put across your problem as your problem alone and not as a complaint against the management or your boss。直入重点。“斯图尔特，现在的工作负荷我承受不了。每周我都要在工作上花费超过60小时的时间。如果这种情况继续的话，我的工作表现会大打折扣，因为以我的能力根本忙不过来。这种情况不能再发生了。”别忘了说你只是工作情况不佳，和你上次和管理层的决策没有关系。
4. Show your boss facts that support your stand。
Listen to what he has got to say. Avoid getting emotional if your boss does not give an immediate solution for the problem and says he will get back to you soon. It helps to understand his point of view as well. The increase in workload may be the result of the company's policy to cut costs but increase productivity simultaneously. Your boss may be genuinely inclined to act fair now that he is aware of the problem。用事实证明你的观点。听听你上司会说什么，如果他没有立即给出解决方案并让你等消息，不要生气。这也能让你理解他的立场。工作量的增加可能是公司消减成本提高效率的结果。既然你的上司已经意识到这个问题，他会公正处理的。
5. Present any solutions from your side for the problem if you have some.
You could even request your boss to help you prioritize workloads so that critical tasks get done first。如果你已经想到解决方案，就说出来。你甚至可以让你的上司把你的工作按重要程度分一下，这样就能把最重要的工作先做好。
6. Thank your boss for his time at the end of the meeting.
If your boss says he needs time to think about what you have said, ask him how soon you can expect a response. Send an email expressing your thanks for your boss' time once you reach your desk。最后感谢一下你的上司。如果他说需要时间考虑你的事，你可以问他什么时候可以收到答复。你从他办公室出来回到自己办公桌时，最好给他发一封邮件感谢他抽出时间讨论你的问题。