|14. The metal aluminum has been first isolated early in the nineteenth century.
15. The boiled point of any liquid is determined by the pressure of the surrounding gases.
16. On May 20, 1932, Amelia Earhart become the first woman fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean.
17. Industrial buyers are responsible for supplying the goods and services that an organization required for its operations.
18. The field of dynamics in physics is concerned with a particle’s motion in relation to the forces acting it.
19. The origins of the Democratic party is often traced the coalition formed behind Thomas Jefferson in the 1790’s to resist the policies of George Washington’s administration.
20. It has been calculated that the Earth’s circumference around the equator is over forty longermiles than the circumference around the two poles.
21. The first libraries in the North American colonies was established in Massachusetts in the year 163/8.
22. How many people remember listening to Orson Welles’ 1938 radio broadcast, "The War of the world", which convince thousands that space aliens had invaded the Earth?
23. Pewter, a metal with an ancient heritage, is still practical medium for the nonprofessional metalworker.
24. A principle of manager is to ensure that every action or decision achieves a carefully planned goal.
25. A good exercise program helps teach people to avoid the habits that might shorten the lives.
26. Researches at the University of Colorado are investigating a series of indicators that could help themselves to predict earthquakes.
27. A common use with gold in the nineteenth century was as a standard for the value of money.
28. Mahogany is often considered the finest cabinet wood because they has most of the qualities desired for furniture making.
29. A hologram is a pattern usually made on film in that can create a three-dimensional image of scene.
30. Principal known for his dictionary Noah Webster was also the first epidemiologist in the United States.
31. Almanacs in simple form have been known from the invention of writing.
32. The relationship of Latin American music to Black music in the United States is clearly evident in the unaccented beats that are common to either.
33. The methods of spectrum analysis vary according to the wavelength region were studied.
34. Harvesting of grains is affected by annual changes in temperature or in the amount of moisture, but both.
35. A patent gives inventors exclusive rights to their inventions for a fix period of time.
36. A statue, a monumental, a building, or a park may be dedicated to commemorate a distinguished individual.
37. The elbows are joints that connect people’s up arms with their forearms.
38. A musician with multiply talents, Atetha Franklin is able to write songs that are unusually consistent in style and content.
39. Sociological studies have found that deeply hold values and principles are highly resistant to change.
40. Benjamin Franklin made the first bifocal spectacles for self by sawing the lenses of his eyeglasses in half.
15. boiled point-->boiling point 属现在分词与过去分词的混用
became the first person to do sth
18.acting it-->acting on it
act ont sth对。。。起作用，产生影响
be concerned with
in relation to
20.forty longer miles-->forty miles longer
first,only后可接复数: the first(第一批) Chinese students to USA
The only studends left behind.
thousands=thousands of people
23.still practical-->still a practical
relationship of sth to sth ...和...的关系
注意dedicate to:1.献身于。。。(to是介词) eg.I’m dedicated to studying English.
outer space; inner space
consistent in 在。。。方面一致
consistent with 和。。。方面一致
【我要评论】 【推荐给好友】 【打印本文】 【关闭窗口】